Butan The Cleric

Butan, my Dad’s character took me the longest time to source, partly because it took him about three months to give me a description, unfortunately that was the day after I bought the model and about 6 hours after I started to paint it. DSC00436 DSC00437

The character is a Cleric of St. Cuthbert, however he plans to become a Holy Avenger (or something like that) multiclassing into a monk of St. Cuthbert, so I needed a model that embodied this concept and this was the best I could find.

This is a Clansman of Lamedon from Games Workshop’s Lord of the Rings range. I had to order the model though mail order and you can no longer order individual models so I had to buy three. Then when he arrived the models face was nearly obliterated with flash, I could barely believe it! Give me Hasslefree or Otherworld any day of the week!

The first thing i needed to do, once I had cleaned the model as best as was possible was to do a weapon swap. I gave him a heavy mace from one of the spare Mordor Uruk Hai I’m using as hobgoblins. Then I began to paint him, a couple of hours later I was presented with the sketch of the character, he had hair and a beard… my model had neither.

I broke out the green stuff and this is the result. Overall I’m very happy with how he turned out, even if I wasn’t happy with the service of the company that provided him.

This therefore concludes the modelling section of the Sunless Citadel, I will bring you sporadic games reports as they happen, but worry not I still have a big pile of metal waiting for my paint brush so fresh updates will be forth coming.

Next Week Hostages from Armorcast. 

Comments